Re: Name Tags

At 09:25 PM 06/10/98 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 98-10-05 17:38:13 EDT, Clyde writes:
>
><< A very good idea, not only for newly planted beds but for any hosta bed.
>>>

>Well I have plenty of leaves - The only problem will be spring cleanup..  I
>suppose I'll find all of my Hosta name tags,  the metal ones that - well you
>know - I 'spose I'll find a big pile of them under some leaf pile and I won't
>know which one goes where... Oh these hostas - something new every minute.
>
>Any solutions for name tags pulled out of the ground while cleaning up a big
>soggie gob of wet leaves?

Ronnie

If your worried about losing the name of a particular plant you can bury a
plastic name tag beside the plant when you first put it in the ground. If
its below the surface I've found they usually don't heave. The tags I use
are white about 4" long. Put the name on the tag with a black pencil not a
marker. I've pulled out these tags after years and the name is still very
legible.

Happy Gardening

John Kee