Re: WHY CANT YOU BELIEVE IT?

In a message dated 10/10/1998 3:18:42 PM Central Daylight Time,
mthoupt@sccoast.net writes:

<<
 Oh Clyde,

 For heavens sake.  First you say it was an honet mistake and then you call it
a felony.
 Seems that would mean you are missing the element of intent. >>

Think of poor Lt. Demons who through an honest mistake steered the French
merchant vessel, SS Lotus, in such a way that it collided with a Turkish
vessel, killing several Turkish crew members. When the Lotus made port at
Constantinople, as it then was, Demons was arrested and charged with
involuntary manslaughter and found guilty.

I thought there were various forms of negligently caused injuries or death or
property damage or economic injuries that could be felonies. I said that
Cindy's act was a mistake. I did not say is was not negligent.

Clyde Crockett