Re: Planting Bulbs in Hosta Beds

IMO...species tulips are the best value....they multilply well under proper
conditions in comparison to hybrids, which dwindle...and being short, are
not an eye sore in the garden when the foliage starts to go!   Don't have
the names close by..(nor in my head) but I think most have interesting
foliage, which is nice on its own!  I have planted them in the past amongst
hostas, and now that the subject came up, may do the same again this year!
Also not in New England, but in Southern Quebec, right on the VT.border, and
beleive me, them leaves are falling!  Haven't had a chance to run the mower
on them yet, and wonder if I will, since right now , think I'm about 6" deep
in maple leaves!  and more to come!  Peak foliage is done this way!