pollen response

Dear Folks   Thought I would add my two cents worth in the area of
pollenating.   This season I have taken flowers that were yet to open
around 4 oclock in the afternoon  removed the flower petals removed the
anthers and then applied the pollen of H hypoleuca.      This season I
have used flowers that were open that day but looked clean (bi-focals
you understand) i e now yellow cast or sheen and then applied pollen of
H hypoleuca.   This season I have also used flowers that are obviously
without turgor SP?   the flower petals were limp almost closed the
stigma again appeared clean but a huge clear droplet on the end of the
stigma took pollen of H hypoleuca.   Well today   was collection day.
On all tags  (alum  as reported last evening)  there was a pod.   Each
pod was slightly squeezed (like you do a pea pod) to open to facilitate
drying and inside all three pods were black seeds with a signifigant
"bump"  at one end.    While the vitallity is yet to be determined it
looks like this pollen thing is wide open.    Obviously they could of
all ben previously "done" but how the heck do you prove that!!!!!
These observation here is if you want it (the cross) then do it and hope
for pods and vital seeds later.    If you were interested the pod parent
it was that faithful old gal H. Beatrice.  Hope this helps.  All those
black seeds really made my day (23-28-15)  I counted earlier than I
usually do to see for myself the numbers.  later doug