Re: a great hosta

Rick Grazzini wrote:

> > A great hosta should have dark green glossy leaves.
> What, no variegation?

I don't think that variegation, in and of itself, is the only reason to
buy a hosta. One of my favorites, that I couldn't stop staring at this
summer, is 'Hirao Supreme'. It was planted right next to my 'Sagae', but
continually caught my eye alot more often. It's all green with very
interesting leaves, and has the most fantastic flowers of any hosta I've
seen. So many light lavender flowers on each scape, they almost pull the
scape over with their weight. But that's just my opinion. I do have alot
of variegated hostas, and I love them, too.

Diane
Ohio, zone 5