Re: Filipendula

In a message dated 10/17/1998 8:17:26 PM Central Daylight Time,
bridgewd@annap.infi.net writes:

 Persicaria, if I'm not mistaken, is an incorrect name for polygonum, of which
 grow several.  'Firetail' is excellent and does well in moderate shade. >>

I find this genus and these genera the most confused that I am familiar with.
The Amer. Hort. Soc. Encyclopaedia lists it as Persicaria amplexicaulis, but
lists as a syn. Polygonum a. 'Firetail'.
The RHS Index of Garden Plants lists it as you said==Polygonum a. 'Firetail'.
Then there is Tovara-------------------!!

Clyde Crockett
BTW, I rely on the RHS Index.