Re: hybridizing question

	Sum & Sub. gives a wide variety of seedling size, leaf shape, and
color.  No one is sure what it's parentage is as it is listed as 2 Aden
numbered plants crossed.  I have used it many times selfing, OP, and as
a pod parent for other crosses.  For some reason when I try to pollinate
it, I don't get a lot of pod set.  I usually make my crosses in early
morning, and maybe it doesn't accept pollen until later, and the bees
are active all day.  When I let the bees do it, they get better pod set,
but I don't know Papa.  Anyway the pods that set are usually full of
viable seed.  It is an interesting pod parent though.
Tom Micheletti
The Hosta Patch
Deer Park, IL