seed germination in pods

Mary again has problems with seeds already germinated. I collected a
fair number of pods this week and none contained any germinated seed
It has been raining for the last 14 days with temps around 60F
Yet last year ( and this year) I placed all august/sept pods inside=
>80F to ripen them properly And despite a very dry atmosphere these
contained some germlings. So it seems that It is the high temp not
the moisture that makes them germinate The best prevention is to
mark the scapes with the date of the first flower. They are ready
to pick in three months ( maybe a bit earlier in warm climates). A
week or two earlier is not a problem even here.The earlier you
collect, the lower will be the number of germlings!
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden
The Netherlands