Re: October Hostas

Hi all.
Here is the report from my garden on what still looks good.
First I need to let you know the list is incomplete. About 2 weeks ago the
deer found my garden. They have eaten total plants..August
moon...Seiboldianas, Erromena,
Guacamole, Striptease (second time this year). Pizzazz, Spilt Milk, Geisha.
27 plants are celery stalks right now.
I have the Deer Away so their midnight dinners are finished.

Also we have had some good freezes here, and yes...I cheated...I covered some
of them. Just hate giving them up this year.
Two I have not heard much about is Loyalist and Aristocrat. Loyalist is half
gone (thank you deer) but still looks wonderful. Aristocrat never even got a
nibble and looks terrific.
Others that are doing just fine are:
Whirlwind                 Fire and Ice              Flame Stitch
Warwick Curtesy     Summer Music         Shogun                 Lakeside
Lunar Eclipse            Northern Exposure    Cherry Berry          Wide Brim
Torchlight               Blue Wedgwood        Paul's Glory           Island
Royal Super           Pandora's Box           Dew Drop              Hake Chai
Minute Man            Aspen Gold               Moon River
Heartsong              Sea Sapphire               Fair Maiden           Gold
Hadspen Blue         Gala                         Silver Crown
Veronica Lake
So Sweet               Summer Fragrance    Moonlight               Sugar and
Sunglow                Treasure

The rest of my 315 varieties a showing the lack of rain we had earlier, our
heat from the summer, and the frosts.
But next year is a new year. And I can't wait...
New gardens to make....plants to rearrange....deer to fight. More hostas to

Not sure about any body else..but could somebody send or tell me where to go
to see hosta diseases. I have never seen Foliar Nematode in a hosta.
Thanks to the heat and watering, I have seen Southern Blight, but maybe
somebody else hasn't.
Slug damage, Catipilliars, insects, Crown Rot. What do we look for? And what
to do for it.  I have gotten some answers and I thank you all so much for it.
I have so much to learn....

Zone 4