Re: AHS Yearbook--Update

> I sent the attached text file to Hosta-Open yesterday.
> Although the number of replies has not been great, the messages have all
> been
> critical of the publication.
> Please send your views to me at clyderock@aol.com
> ALL replies and opinions will, of course, remain anonymous, unless you want
> to respond in person.
> Here are some of the comments:[My comments are in braces {}
>  "The Yearbook is stupid." {I agree!}
> "I cannot comment ...about the Yearbook as I do not read it." {Who does,
> except the authors?}
> "Dump the Yearbook. ***Rather have the money spent on the Journal." {So
> would
> I.}
> "Worthless" {Exactly.}
> "Mostly junk" {Yes, indeed.}
> See also Dave's posting to Hosta-Open.
> Please respond. I shall report favorable comments as well.
> Clyde Crockett z5

Well, I think a searchable, online database would be a hell of alot
easier, and cheaper. I think the yearbook is alot of wasted dead trees -
HOWEVER...I did find it useful this year.
  Being the editor for the newsletter of a year-old local society, I
used it to find AHS members in this area who might be interested in
joining our local group.  And that is something I thought was good.
  Something the Yearbook should include and does not is what local hosta
groups someone belongs to. That could be easily added to a computer
database for next to nothing, and cost no dead trees.

Diane Frederick