Re: Bap paste

bob wrote:

Hi Bob, let me say right at the beginning that I don't have any first
hand experience with this stuff, but I have seen something similar to it
(may even be the same thing for all I know) applied to daylilies, I
thought for the purpose of converting them from diploid to tetraploid.
In the case of daylilies the plant was cut off (pretty severly) just
above the crown, eg the ends of the very base of many leaves were
visible. The paste was then sort of massaged into the surface of the
cut. In the case of hostas I wonder if you should cut off the top of the
bud and apply the stuff that way?  This could turn out to be an
interesting discussion.
 I would think this would work as well or
> better than spray since you can apply it right to the buds.
> --
> Bye
> Bob
               MissVitro Plant Tissue Culture Laboratory
                         John and Laura Lanier
                           Route 9  Box 908
                        Burnsville, NC  28714