Re: hybrids and correction

Joe, I heard something at the local hosta, daylily hangout this summer and it
stuck in my brain and I am hoping you can comment.  One of the ladies said
something about so and so being a species and a friend  said "well you know
there are no true species in the genus hosta,"

I didn't say a thing because I know nothing about genetics where plants are
concerned except basic biology 101.  What do you think was meant by this
comment?  This person has a background in horticulture and has experience in
collecting and selling and tissue culture or hosta so I would think this
statement was based on some knowledge.

Thanks in advance,
and Take care
Narda Miller