Hosta Handbook and 'Sea Sprite' virus

Hi there,

On page 586 of the new Hosta Handbook is a picture of a Sea Sprite with a
virus.  Under the picture it says
 "Characteristics: all 'Sea Sprite' plants infected; a few other H. sieboldii
types susceptible
 Control: none; destroy infected plants and remove surrounding soil".

A couple months ago Dr. Lockhart looked at a small new leaf from my Sea
Sprite.  He said it was too small to test, but that it looked fine.  I didn't
hear his comments first hand, but my friend who did told me that he said
there has been alot of paranoia about this plant that is unfounded.  After
hearing that, I felt safe keeping the plant in my garden.

Now I'm "concerned" again!!!  Does ANYONE have a mature Sea Sprite that looks
healthy ?  I think I remember Glen saying that his Sea Sprite reverted this
summer...hmmm, I better see if I can find that post to confirm this.

Let's have a vote.   Who thinks Sea Sprite should be banned from the planet
and who agrees with Dr. Lockhart that it's a bunch of tado about nothing.
Ok ok, I suppose there is some middle ground here.

Cindy Johnson
White Bear Lake, MN
zone 4a