Re: seed pods

I noticed in Mark Zilis' new book that he says the seeds are fully mature
month after pollination even though the pod is green.

I am not at all sure I agree with this!  I have checked with seeds I do not
intend to grow just to see and I have not had this experience.  I do not
like taking chances with my crosses.  I let them go to the dormant stage if
at all possible.  This might be a good experiment for next year.  Keeping
dates and then harvest throughout the year and see what happens.  Next thing
is, even if they appear ripe, will they germinate? if harvested before the
pod begins to open?
Best Regards, Beth