Re: Hosta Ramblings---and mass planting

AndrewL@microanswers.com writes:

<< , for the use of repetition in the landscape, each to his own. >>

Andrew, when I first hit upon this hosta thing  I could lay out and design
with little or no problem.  Why not, I was an art and a home ec. major in
school and both of areas of study deal intimately with design.  So with my
first hosta I would buy at least three, for groupings you know, even if they
cost twenty dollars apiece, then so be it. (I later discovered that they
could be much more expensive) Then I ran out of space, and I am no where near
five hundred.  So I started getting rid of my duplicates.  Then I started
breaking my back to dig up more beds, watching my children with their soulful
eyes say, "what about the yard Mom?"

Having said all the above my number one priority is to get the plants in the
ground, number two is to not break my back.  The kids are old enough now to
not need a yard for play.  I have eliminated all color from my garden.  Just
white impatients because we absolutely cannot take anything else that would
add to the busyness.  I am still no were near five hundred but I am moving
pollen around and preparing to grow the seedlings during the long winter
months.

Point is I am happy and I have made so many good friends and know so many
wonderful people, from Norway to New Zealand to England to Guatemala, right
Lu?

When I retire I will have organized beds with all the elements of design
included but not a priority now.  Nuf said, N.