Re: groundcovers under hostas?

Hi Cindy,
I live in zone 5B, Port Huron, Michigan. Sweet Woodruff is rampant, but like
you, I pull it out by the handful when it encroaches, although I never
noticed that the ground covers affect the growth of the hostas in any way. I
do fertilize early with alfalfa pellets, and later with a general 4 month
slow release like Osmocote
14-14-14. My dwarf and mini hostas would be overrun
with any groundcover I have, so I keep them in other spots. I use
groundcovers with medium and larger hostas. Gail