From: Judy Bygd
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2000 9:33 PM
Subject: Groundcovers

Has anyone had experience with plantings of pachysandra near a hosta bed?  I'm not familiar with its growth habits and do not want to create any problems with it being too invasive.

Is some type of edging advisible to keep it in check, or won't it be a problem?  The pachysandra would be growing in very sandy, rather dry soil on a hillside, and the hosta bed would be at the foot of the hill.

I bought one plant this summer, and it survived in the sandy, dry soil without any additional watering.

Judy Bygd