pod ripening

There is no need to wait untill the pods of say Fall Bouquet split
Just cut the scape after 3 months ( the pods ares still green!) and
take out the seeds.  In my expereince late flowering ones dont ripe
It is the high temp that makes the seed sprout in the pod. I never
have it in the garden but those on the windowsill do sprout
occasionally for me.
 If you want to experiment with flowersscapes First you need sugar
in the water , seeds are not made from air. 2, add a drop of lysol or
bleach to prevent bacterial grow as Mary said. 3. I would prefer to
take  the whole plant inside.
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden