Fwd: Moving hostas...and a little about my gardening madness

I forgot to push reply all please scroll down

Solidarity, Katherine A. Klass
                4439 Valhalla Road
                New Franken, WI. 54229
                phone 1-920-866-2413
                fax 1-920-866-3312
                e-mail kateklass@aol.com
                e-mail Katherine.Klass@usda.gov

My gardening madness:
    Last fall I was reading one of the forums and I do believe Andrew made a
comment about buying lots of hostas now so that when he was old enough to
retire they would all be mature.
    I thought that was a very wise statement and since I am nine years from
retiring from the USDA hopefully. I decided to expand my collection of 98
different varieties and about 220 plants. I also discovered hostas on the
Internet and the GREAT Hosta library. I have always ordered my hostas mail
order and with websites with pictures what a great way to spend the cold
snowy winter looking at hostas and buying hostas! Also some of my hostas were
getting rather large. I have a love for the big ones and hate to divide them.
I will buy multiples first. My husband and I bought the wooded lot next door
and were last fall in the process of expanding our gardens. We love the
outdoors and hauling rocks and dirt is hard work but very rewarding.
    For the past thirteen years, I have been a very conservative collector
buying on the average of seven a year. I never thought of my self as much of
a gardener so hostas and I got along very well.
     Well, almost a year later, I have 247 different varieties with multiples
of many. Slow growers like Great Expectations etc. I just had to buy several
dreaming of a mass planting someday!
    Well, my husband and I tonight just finished moving our 65 th yard of
dirt for the year and have twenty under cover. I hate to guess how many tons
of rocks we have moved dug and/or stacked this year! We've had to cut down at
least thirty trees cut and stack wood and pull stumps! We've never enjoyed
our yard or each other more than we have this year. My husband is even
learning the names instead of giving them nicknames! AND he is making
requests. He loves the dark green ones and the heavily textured ones. He even
picked up a catalogue and made a request for Alligator Shoes. Now I have two.
Luckily we have four acres of woods so plenty of room for expansion.
    We also spent the majority of the day pruning or lopping our trees up!
Hubby hates to cut them down so we negotiate and trim. Not only do my hostas
benefit BUT my husband's beloved perfect lawn has never looked better!
    Now, hubby wants a weeping Japanese maple with red leaves and is hardy to
Zone 5b. Now I'll have something new to investigate! maybe somebody on this
list has s few suggestions?