Re: Corrections to Mito No Hana and Amime Tachi Giboshi

  • Subject: Re: Corrections to Mito No Hana and Amime Tachi Giboshi
  • From: "Hugo Philips" <Hugo.Philips@skynet.be>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 17:50:26 +0200

Jim,

According to the ICNCP, under Art. 28.6 the particle "no" must be hyphenated
before and after its use in a cultivar name. So the correct spelling is
H. 'Mito-no-Hana'. Same for H. 'Uzu-no-Mai'.

I want to add that H. rectifolia 'Amime' has been available overhere in
Europe.
Mine still shows white veins in Spring.
I understand that they tried to TC it in Holland, but failed?

Greetings,

Hugo
Hugo Philips
Brasschaat