In a message dated 9/21/01 8:34:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time, IJATSON@prodigy.net writes:

The terrorist acts committed against the United States on 9/11 exceed the magnitude of the Pearl Harbor bombing by the Japanese. For that war time act, we dropped the atomic bomb on the Japanese island of Hiroshima.

Dear Lori,

You bring up an interesting point.

Where would you start to nuke?  4 men connected with bin Laden were arrested in Detroit this week and found to have truck licenses which allowed them to drive semi's with hazardous materials--including explosives--anywhere.  Others have been arrested in Chicago and many other cities in the world.

Unlike other wars we have fought, the enemy here is dispersed all over the world--not just in Afghanistan (which, by the way, has already been bombed into rubble by the Soviets when they tried to defeat the bin Ladens there).  "Conventional" warfare no longer exists.  The enemy is everywhere, and one of their aims is to turn our freedom-loving country into another totalitarian state--like they have--and by the legislation that has been proposed to restrict our freedoms and make it "easy" for government to tap phones, interrogate people without an attorney present, confine people for whatever time they want without charges being brought againts them, use secret evidence without judicial review and on and on, well, I'd say that bin Laden has a pretty damned good start.