Re: what do you think

  • Subject: Re: what do you think
  • From: "Pat Mora" <patmora@planetkc.com>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 22:13:29 -0500

Chris:  I have no personal experience with any of these, I am not sure if you wanted the description or what, soooooooo here tis.
Pat Mora
H.'Yankee Peddler':
Dark green margin around a gold center, streaking on some leaves. Sport of H.'Allen C Haskell': Small: mound habit. "I talked to Allen Haskell to check if he had any objections to me using this name.  He said he was an old Yankee Peddler from the start and he loved the name". (Alex Malloy,Hybridizer)
H.'Amime Tachi Giboshi'
Green with yellow veins. Reported to be a triploid. (H. 'Amime Tachi Giboshi' is a selection of rectifolia , introduced by Kuroishi Wildflower Farm located in Kuroishi City ,  Ibaragi Prefecture, "Toyozo provided Bette Comfry with a plant which she donated to the AHS auction, not knowing it was infected with virus X. Upon testing it, it proved to be infected and Bette destroyed all plants she had . Meanwhile, Toyozo provided me with a plant of Amime. Mine was a similar but perhaps a different individual plant from Bette's plant. I did not destroy my plant but put it into isolation. It has outgrown the virus, I believe, while in tissue culture and is now almost all green instead of the typical plant with yellow veins". (Jim Hawes) It has been reported there was a failed attempt to TC the plant in Holland
H.'Blue Silver'
Blue-green: small: hybridizer, Benedict
H.'Wrinkles and Crinkles'
Small to medium: Blue-green: A large plant with heavily puckered, undulating blue leaves. Flowers are near white, tinted lavender. Blue-green wavy leaves are intensely rugose