Re: hosta-open DIGEST V1 #400

  • Subject: Re: hosta-open DIGEST V1 #400
  • From: njhosta@hotmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 18:53:50 -0400

Hi John,
       I don't know Ed personally, and I am not familiar with the said correspondence. I don't have any objection to my posts being copied to him. I'll stand by what I've said, even the "concise" part. It was starting to seem there may be some animosity below the surface in this discussion, but I am unaware of what passed between the Board at that time and Dr. Elslager. It must be said, however that the editor does have a right to decide what goes into the Journal, and that I'm sure Ed will retain the same prerogative when it comes to HostaScience. Beyond a decision not to have articles of that type in the Journal anymore, I was under the impression that articles of a summary nature from Ed were welcome.
                                                         ..........Bill Meyer