Re: small trees/archives

  • Subject: Re: small trees/archives
  • From: HIEESML@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 23:01:37 EDT

In a message dated 9/11/02 6:23:44 AM Central Daylight Time, Kchrobin66@aol.com writes:

how about some more information?  do you want colorful trees?  what would be
the mature size, any evergreens?  your soil is?  will shrubs also work?   all
of these clues will help us to give you the right answers.

Hi, Karen

Thanks for the reply. Colorful trees would be really nice. I would like to stay with a tree so I can plant under it. This is new construction so I am just now getting a handle on the soil composition. I seem to have a few inches of black dirt above clay. A tree that would remain small or grow very, very slow is what I have in mind. My main concern remains invasive roots. I am just moving from a house where some of the trees I had planted included maples and birch. I'm still fighting, just trying to get some hostas out of the ground.

I really appreciate the help I know little about trees save Oaks, maples, & birch. I'd like to try something different but would sure like to avoid some of the errors I've made in the past.

Layne