Re: Wintering colacasia

  • Subject: Re: Wintering colacasia
  • From: "Richard Jolly" pineforest1@hotmail.com
  • Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 12:46:31 +0000

I'm now growing 8 or 10 different varieties of colocasias. Some are quite
rare and all are hardy to zone 7 . The plants in pots I overwinter in my
cool greenhouse. The minimum temp is around 50 degrees and I just put
them under benches and quit watering them. The pine bark mix I pot them
in is free draining so I don't need to put them in anything else. Outside
they do fine in the ground with a good layer of pine straw over them for
the winter. Last winter our low was 8 degrees.

Pine Forest Gardens Grower of Quality Hostas On Line Catalog