Re: foliar nematodes

  • Subject: Re: foliar nematodes
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 15:46:53 EDT

In a message dated 9/17/2003 9:10:31 AM Eastern Standard Time,
grewal.4@osu.edu writes:
I hear that this year foliar nematodes are worse than previous years and
are showing up in many places.  My Ph.D. student would like to determine if
there are different species or races of nematodes involved.  Knowing the
exact species and race can be important in the control as different
populations may differ in their sensitivity to control agents.  I will
greatly appreciate receiving leaf samples (host or other plants) from
several different places for these studies.
Lordy, I love your name!  Anyway, does it matter what condition the plant is
in and what part and how much of the plant do you want?  I have not stepped a
toe into the bed where the two plants showed signs of nematode damage, I don't
know what my thinking there is but they are still there and I have to do
something.  So what do you want before I turn the bed into a toxic waste site?

Happy to help, if there is anything we can do to rid ourselves of
these..........ummmm...I am not sure where they belong in the animal kingdom.  I would
ask my AP teenager but he already thinks I am so dumb.