Re: Trees roots

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge.  Now siitting in my driveway are:
Acer circinatum, Acer stchonoskii ssp. koreanum, Acer davidii, Magnolia
sieboldii, Cornus kousa Snowboy (it's only a foot high, perhaps it will shade Hosta
Uzo-no-Mai?), Stewartia monadelpha, Stewartia pseudocamellia, Fraxinus
pennsylvanica Urbanite, Parrotia persica, Cercidiphyllum japonicum, Cercis Forest
Pansy, Magnolia Butterflies, and a variegated oak (several years ago I gave this
to a friend, it was in a 2-gallon container.  She just brought it back to me,
it's now about 8' tall!).  Hope the next home owner here likes shade!

Sadly they aren't the self-planting kind so I'd better get out there and
start digging some holes...or at least figure out how to get them to the backyard.

Thanks again!