correction - Maculata

  • Subject: correction - Maculata
  • From: "Robert Leask" <rleask@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 12:44:00 +0000

Bill,

Change the marginata to maculata. The offer still stands.

Bob

From: "Robert Leask" <rleask@hotmail.com>
To: hosta-open@hort.net
Subject: Re: splashed ventricosa, will it produce variegated seedlings?
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 19:18:01 +0000

Bill,

I have had a couple divisions of Ventricosa Aureo marginata for quite a few years now and it usually virdesces by this time of the year but this year has not only maintained the striations but they are spectacular - more of a wash than a streak. However there was no flower scape thus no chance of seed but I think I will see what I can do with some bud isolation as you suggest. Interested in trying a piece?

Bob