Re: The Newspaper Trick to Fine Garden Beds

In a message dated 9/23/1998 1:43:05 PM Central Daylight Time,
frederic@wcnet.org writes:

<< I've used the newspaper "trick" in 5 raised beds >>

Is there any truth to the tale that newsprint in colors other than black
somehow can be injurious to hostas?

I use wet pages of newspapers to trap slugs. This was an idea passed on by Jim
Wilkins. One puts the moistened  papers out at evening. In the morning you
remove the sheets and behold hundreds of slugs adhering thereto.
I have found that the slugs prefer the cover of pages from the "Sports"
section.<G>

Clyde Crockett z5 Indianapolis IN