count us in

Dear Jim,

     We understand we will be meeting you shortly at the Michigan
Hybridizers meeting.   I don't know if I have met you before or not.  I met
so many people when my mother (Nancy Krul ,she ran BELLE GARDENS) was
alive.  She belonged to alot of the hosta societies and she warned me to
stay away from them because of so much politics, but I love politics.  I
remember many of her cultivars had a hard time getting registered because
for some time they were not aloowing streaked stuff to be registered until
proven it wouldn't revert.  I have alot of her correspondance with the
registar over this.  Finally with help from Jim Langhammer and John Kulpa
she was able to get many registered.  When she thought up a great name for
a hosta she would send the money in to save the name 15 bucks. When the
plant had proved itself to her she would complete the paperwork.
KRYPTONITE was a name she had paid for and saved but when she had it all
together she was turned down because someone else had sold another plant
under that name unregistered, so she never put that plant up and the
"kryptonite "sold by the other person in no way looked like hers, so that
plant still sits in her yard with her old tag of Kryptonite on it.  So it
seems registering seems to be a pain. Now i Have many of her seedlings
which are now mature plants I wish to market and possibly register
posthumosly in her name.  But with such wars going on I don't know if I
should or not.  Since I do sell many of her and other hosta on eBay through
the internet, I guess that would make me an UNPREFFERED DEALER and I don't
know if I like the idea of FRANKS and HOME DEPOT sounding like better
sources for hosta, when I've been grossed out by the way their plants are
taken care of and mislabeled.  We are in the process of joining many of
these hosta groups now, so we can have a say about these things IF WE EVER
GET THE CHANCE. UNTIL  then please note arguments are sure to start when
people of different backgrounds and abilities try to discuss things and
THIS is a GOOD THING.  Most of us learn this way, including me. So please
fight to keep us all informed on ALL of the HOSTA EMAIL ROBINS.  I am
sending this to ALL of the robins of which I belong so people can see where
We STAND and what has happened in the past to a very sweet lady, my mom.

Paula & Tim (hostalady)

Paula & Tim (hostalady)