Re: Proxy Voting

CCREDUX@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/4/1999 8:11:46 PM Central Daylight Time, eoneill@ibm.net
> writes:
>
> << But if the motion is sufficiently important to be voted on by the
>  membership, it should be written in advance...far enough in advance that it
>  could be included in the journal.
>   >>
> Gerry,
>
> You are right.Those with email capabilities could vote via the AHS website.
> Those without could vote by regular U.S. mail. Most important, the AHS should
> inform ALL members of its agenda---well in advance of the annual meeting.
> The AHS spends so much money on trivial things---I'd think it would be
> worthwhile to cut back on what I consider the ridiculous amounts it expends
> on the Yearbook and send out mail ballots as well.
>
> But I am afraid our suggestions will fall on deaf ears, so to speak. The
> administration of the AHS is in disarray. What was never anticipated by the
> ruling group is the power of e-mail.They don't know what to do, so they wil
> do nothing and continue to enjoy their perks.
>
> Clyde Crockett z5
Clyde
I have been sending a lot of privare messages to people asking then to
send a letter to Jim W. about their concerns in this matter.  yes is is
absoultly essential that any vote be prefaces by plenty of info ou the
matter ia advance.  this was sure not the case concerning the BI_LAWS
changes this lats convention.  If yoiu think It might help, you could
aid in this with private messages saying the same thing.  I think if Jim
got a bunch of etters, He might pay attention!
Ran