Re: Today's favorite hosta

In a message dated 9/6/99 7:41:19 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
stuarta@ibm.net writes: "Anyone have a favorite hosta of the day?"
 >>---- Stuart Asch ----->>  How about H. longipes 'Urajiro Hachijo' (a
red-petioled, white backed, slug-resistant  "Breeder")?
             ...btw Stu, I am on Vacation all of this coming week, and I
have an extra LUH for U, if you wanna pick it up here anytime within the
next week?  Seems, I had to get two of them in-here from "Robyn Duback"
<RobynsNes2@aol.com> (originating stock from Japan?) since the one arriving
last year, was bud-divided by myself; and suffered terribly by size; and I
wanted to do seedlings this winter, so I had a second one come into
Convention last June.  The bud-divisions I did, were all fairly small
plants, this year: have one left ...it's yours if you want it?  After all
Stu, I still do owe you big time, for those gift-plants you passed me at
convention....yup! ..and particularly, the one you named H. 'Grandpa Bill'
--> what did you say the pedigree of that plant was: 'Adam n'Eve' ? <lol>
            ...U be Teacher right? ...just phone in sick in same manner as
Postal Workers have parity with Teachers ...and drive over -->> else I'll
save it for you ..4 whenever? <g>

yer gramps
email: "William Nash" <raffi@sympatico.ca>
Personal Website URL = http://www3.sympatico.ca/raffi/
TO JOIN hybridizer's list-server = http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/nise
TO JOIN hosta-picture-group list-server =
TO JOIN AHS POLITICAL FORUM = http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/ahspol
A Seed-bank/exchange in NORWAY =