Trees Falling in the Forest

braggs wrote:

> Butch Ragland wrote;
> I feel like a tree falling in the forest. Is anyone there.
>
> If a tree falls in a forest does anyone hear it. Doubt it.
> daytwaydan

To wax philosophical/logical/scientific....I must say - if a tree falls
in the forest (hopefully not on an undiscovered new species of hosta) it
will ALWAYS make a sound vibration. Whether it is HEARD depends on
whether there is a creature with a device (biological ears, or sound
recording equipment) somewhere in the vicinity to pick up on, and
interpret into sound, the sound vibration before that vibration's
wavelength becomes too stretched out.
  Just so ya know. :)

Diane Frederick
Cleveland Hts., OH