Re:

I to disapprove of Joe's use of words to described the AhemS pres. Public
outcry was the method of policing I had suggested be used originally on the
AHS robin prior to the committee format which was adopted. The complaints
over personal attacks mostly went in private to AHS officials.

Personal attacks were rampant at that time which many did not like but
would not oppose. One member expressed strong opposition against personal
attacks in private would not say so openly when I wanted a public outcry.
He later left the AHS robin over the "committee of 3" rule.

This is a different format so if you don't like it say so and if enough
people say so it may not start here.

At 01:44 PM 9/12/99 EDT, you wrote:

><< I really do not appreciate your comments which were forwarded to
>hosta-open.
> I realize this is a much more free thinking place to discuss hostas,
> politics, etc. but to send that to the open list was in very poor taste.
>
>  Rhonda Deeds >>
>
>   I absolutely agree with Rhonda here.  Truth or not ... personal attack or
>not ... I found the choice of words in the post descibing officers of the
>daylily society vulgar and "common" ... simply inappropriate in a forum such
>as this one.  Certainly an educated individual could find a better way to
>adequately express both his facts and his feelings.
>
>Sandie Markland

Butch Ragland So. Indiana zone 5