killing fungus knats

I think there was discussion some time last year about heating potting soil
to kill the eggs of fungus knats.  I want to try it this year, using my oven
while we can still have the house windows open to get rid of the odor.  Does
anyone know how long and at what temperature I need to "bake" the soil to
eliminate the knats?
Thanks,
Bev Stegeman