Re: Examples of harm

Sam020857@aol.com wrote:
> << Those plants that are not registered will be shunned.  And what does the
>  membership gain by pretending these hostas don't exist?  Absolutely nothing.
>  --- I still have every reason to believe it will not affect hosta
> gardening as I know it! ;-)
> As to the four plants listed above, I grow three of them and I don't consider
> the fourth worth having --- but you should know that 'Tatoo' has been
> registered.
> Thanks, Chick!
> Sandie
Sandie and all
The "problem" is not much a Hosta problem.  It is , rather,about an
attempt , by a few to dictate policy for all members of the AHS.  They
(the board) succeded in reducing the board size, voting in members who
would acquiesce to most policy, without a "nay", changing the Bi-laws
with out asking the general membership.( I found out about this on a bus
a few hours before the annual business meeting) , Limiting the "vote" to
ten board members. ( I am not totally aganst this,as it makes two
meetings a year possible) ,Devloping and instituting the IAC list, the
restriction in advertising policy, and the "perfered growers" policies.
The truth is all this has created many hardships for the AHS, and
reletivly few for individuals.  I believe that most concern expressed
here , is for the AHS it's self.  They will not acknowledge, that good
policy needs the impute from as many members as wish to contribute. The
great need is for a change that will allow a vote from all members (not
just those fortunate or rich enough to attend a convention)  The results
are things like the KKK type "body" that "runs" the AHS round robin.
Ran Lydell
Eagle Bay Hostas Gardens
10749  Bennett Rd.
Dunkirk,  NY  14048