Rabid Feelings

Sandie wrote:

"I don't really care about this policy one way or the other. I am simply
trying to understand  the rabid feelings against it. From the
information I have read about the IAC program, it simply appears to be
strong encouragement to register hostas---that's it."
I can't help but comment on your characterization that there are rabid
feelings against IAC policy. That is a rather strong (note, I didn't say
rabid)  characterization in itself, is it not?
I have been one of the most outspoken persons discussing IAC policies
and I have not accused anyone of being infected with Rabies, being
furious, raging or radical, either for or against IAC polices. If
someone criticizes a bad policy, that does not mean his criticism is
based upon rabid feelings...try logical reasoning.

If there are new policies or new rules that prohibit the mention of
unregisterd hostas in the Journal, it seems that these new policies are
more radical  than the old policies under which the Journal (and the
previous Bulletin) has been operating for 30 plus years. Let's get our
definitions and facts straight, OK?