Re: Tattoo

> My simple view of human behavior is it sinks to the lowest level
> at the slightest provocation. Telling me what works or what you
> like will accomplish the same thing.

Interesting you should say that Butch. Just an opinion, but I often
find your post to be intentional provocations.  You seem to have a
lack of tollerance for any opinion that differs form your own. It's
ok to state a difference of opinion, that's what this is all about.
I suppose I find your choice of words to be....interesting.

> Do you suggest that you will run out and buy expensive H 'X' that
> is not being discussed and not buy H.'Y' that everyone says is
> great.

All I'm saying Butch, is that if I had know that Lunar Eclipse has
the drawstring effect, I would not have purchased it when I did. I
would have put the money to better use, in another plant that does
not have this trait. Now, in your example, I think you are mixing
apples and oranges. Would I buy Hosta X just because it is
expensive? No. I would buy it because I have investigated it and it
is supposed to be a good grower. Would I not buy Hosta Y because it
was inexpensive? Now that is silly. If it is a great hosta, price
makes no difference to me. (within reason mind you) As an example,
I own Tattoo, but I would never have purchased it. It was a gift.
When and if Tattoo comes down in price, I would have purchased it

We all have our limits to how much money we are willing to spend on
one single varieity. That is neither wrong nor right.

We all have our reasons for liking or not liking a certain variety.
That is neither wrong nor right.

What I meant to say, is if a hosta has a known flaw, as in
drawstring effect, or as in melting out in our southern hot
humidity, I would like to know that information, to make my
purchasing decisions accordingly. Informed decisons, that's why I
joined this robin. To know the good with the bad.

I guess if you don't want to know the bad, then the delete button
works well. Lord knows it's gotten alot of use on my computer, of

Thanks for reading, if you have gotten this far.

Lu (Atlanta, Zone 7)