Re: Tattoo

----- Original Message -----
From: Denise Nakon <Beautbug@provide.net>
To: <hosta-open@mallorn.com>
Sent: Monday, September 20, 1999 8:03 PM
Subject: Re: Tattoo

> NardaA@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > I would like to know if everyone's Tattoo has turned out to be an ugly
> >
> Narda,
> My Tattoo looks pretty ugly too with the spots. Maybe next year it will
> look better.
> Denise Nakon
> --
> mailto:beautbug@provide.net  I bought TATOO when it was introduced in
1998.  It took a while to show it's "Maple Leaf" leaf pattern.  It was a
double when it arrived.  It now has an increase and is very good looking
here on 9/20.  No spots.  I would like to know what hostas look best at this
juncture, and which look worst?  My candiates for best are:  PAUL's Glory,
Gold Standard, Moon Waves, Sum it Up,
June, Antioch, and lakeside lolly pop. after an uneventful season of H.
plantaginea sports, the species bloomed well and was typical and has BIG
seed pods.  H.p.Aphrodite was next with lots of blasted and mildewed buds.
"venus" did essintiallly the same thing, but had a few big double blooms.
The last ones are shrivelled and covered with ants.  H. plantaginea 'Yea" ,
is budded and will not be in bloom for at least another week.  It is
supposed to be a better 'Aphrodite' and is reputed to have been from herb
Benedict's garden.  I got it form 'House of hosta'.  When these H.
plantaginea things perform, they are
the most beautiful and fragrant of the genus, in my estimation.
Bob Savage