Re: Registering

Chick
    See you can be nice! Just kidding. Thanks for the information. It does
make sense but seems impossible since hosta do not come true from seeds
eventually there will be so many registered hosta it will be impossible to
keep track of them all. I suppose there are rose societies and lily
societies and many other plant societies and that is the name of the game,
registering for a record.  You are correct that sometimes the end results
are worthwhile while disagreeing about how to get there and at what costs.
If it weren't for the Internet and this list, I would not have any idea of
what is involved in hosta growing, registering or that there were so many
beautiful ones out there. I want one of each but the prices are too steep
for me at this time and who knows maybe I'll grow some from my own seeds and
end up with one no one can resist. Right!  In my dreams.
    Thanks again for your information. You explained it quite nicely and
clearly. Now if the other issues were so easy to solve.............
Jean