Ethics in re Patented Plants

Solar Flare was patented by H. Ross. Patsy Stygall and I were at Handy
Hatfield's several years back and we saw his clump of it. We asked how much.
HH told us he could not sell it. I think that that is what every grower would
say; however, there is no law against GIVING a patented plant to someone, and
that is what Handy did.

I think it not an unattractive plant, but I am surprised that Henry went to
the expense and trouble of patenting it. It is a very ordinary yellow plant,

Clyde Crockett z5