Re: I.C.A. Birthday Party Tour

>As a Society, we took the wrong turn. Our Board of Directors has not
>served us (the membership) well. But it has done well for "us", the
>royal us, meaning the Board. Time for slamming on the brakes....
>screeching to a panic stop. Get out the roadmap. We are lost. How do
>we find our way back to where we were? Where did we make the wrong

If I didn't know better I would think you were talking about the
daylily society.  It seems like the same problems keep popping up,
just different circumstances and different organizations.  You asked a
lot of good questions that deserve good answers, but don't expect them
from the powers that be.  You have to understand that people who tend
to abuse power will rarely admit to making mistakes.  As a matter of
fact they often intrench themselves even further into the problem
making it even more difficult later.  The Neanderthals that run the
daylily society won't admit they made a mistake when they allowed a
board member and the President to grossly abuse their positions for
personal gain or to admit they committed fraud when they invited three
people to inteview for the position of Journal editor when the
position had already been more or less given to someone else, because
to do so would be tought of as being a weakness to them.  The people
who are making all these ill thought out policy decisions for the
hosta society are NOT going to voluntarily admit they made a mistake
in judgement, just like the Neanderthals that run the daylily society
aren't going to accept responsibility for their own stupid decisions,
because then everyone will know that they made a stupid mistake.  And
don't look for the next president of the hosta society to make any
pronouncements of errors in judgement - unless you happen to be
elected president!  I've sent two email messages to our
president-elect of the daylily society, over two weeks ago, and still
have not received any answer!  The next president of the daylily
society may not be the same cheap whore the former president was, but
so far she hasn't shown any eargerness to confess to the sins they
committed.  It's going to be the same way with the hosta society.  The
new president will mumbo-gumbo something, maybe make a few minor
changes and then pretty much continue with things as they are.

I do believe there is a simple answer for the IAC problem, and some of
its related problems.  There is a list of hostas that are interm
accepted hostas that are suppose to be registered by a certain date,
or else all hell breaks loose.  Well, since all these hostas are
known, and since many are well known and commerically successful, and
since they will continue to be sold commerically, why not just say
these hostas are hereby accepted as registered hostas and include them
in the database of registered hostas.  It seems to me that would solve
a LOT of problems.  Of course, that is a logical solution which might
not be understandable to some people.

Joe Halinar