Re: Sports

  • Subject: Re: [IGSROBIN] Sports
  • From: "Roth, Barry" <BRoth@BROBECK.COM>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 17:39:32 -0700

On Tuesday, April 30, 2002 5:32 PM, I wrote:

>There would seem to be no reason why a gene affecting plant
>stature could not undergo mutation and perhaps produce a miniature plant.

I should have added that I think this is the way many dwarf conifers in the
nursery trade originated.  They were found as dwarfed parts of regular-sized
plants, and then propagated by cuttings or grafts.

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
To reply to our email administrator directly, send an email to postmaster@brobeck.com