Re: Bird Dancer

Marilyn,

If you don't already have a copy of Faye Brawner's catalog, you should order
one.  It is the basis for many a geranium collector's "wish list".  I keep a
running list going of what I have obtained and what more I want to obtain.
My problem is that I keep branching off into new areas of interest.

I started off with the scenteds.  Then I dabbled in the rosebuds and anything
with multi-colored foliage.  Then I fell head over heels with the angels.
Lately I've been lingering over the formosums.

I was really thrilled when I added another vari. leaf angel to the
collection, so that now I have 3:  Rita Scheen, Improved Rita Scheen, and now
Var. Madame Layal.  I have to admit that I rather prefer the original Rita
Scheen with the little cupped "mouse ears".

I had the elusive Freak of Nature for all of 4 months and a darn RAT ate the
leaves right off, growing point too.   And then to add indignity to the
outrage, the darn thing left a little pile of  rat droppings on the bench
next to the denuded white stem in the toppled pot.  I moved it to the
intensive care area and am gently watering the pot in hopes that a leaf will
spring out of  one of the nodes, but I'm not overly optimistic.  I was warned
that it was not a particularly strong plant and to treat it gently.

Cynthia Lohry
San Diego, CA