Growing Pelargoniums under Lights

I'm a reinstated member of the International Geranium Society.  Due to
living in Michigan, it is necessary that I grow plants indoors under lights.
Here are some questions about this.  I would love to hear answers from more
experienced growers.

1.  Do you use the special "plant lights"?  If so, which name brand and why
did you select that particular brand?
2.  Do you maintain your fertilizing schedule during the winter indoors?
3.  How dry do you keep your plants?
4.  When is your favorite time to start seeds for the next summer?

Diana Pederson, Michigan, USDA Zone 5
http://www.mentalhelp.net/books/ (book reviewer)