Re: Comparisons

  • Subject: Re: Comparisons
  • From: Barry Roth <barry_roth@YAHOO.COM>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 09:23:21 -0700

I don't have the Kerrigan Goblin now.  Years ago I had a cutting snipped from
some public planting that I later identified as Goblin.  It was a great
performer.  I think the petals were a bit more irregular than I really like,
but the red color and the dark leaves were very striking.  That said, I don't
fully trust myself to identify varieties that I find or get without data (what
the courts would call "chain of custody" for evidence) and always mark the
plant with a "(?)" on labels and in my notes.  I confess I've sometimes done
that with plants received from growers that didn't quite conform to my
understanding or memory of the variety.  This Goblin(?) did not have a white
center, but I don't remember the stigma.

Do you grow Redondo?  I remember that being similar to "Kerrigoblin."

--- Sandy Connerley <sandy_connerley@SBCGLOBAL.NET> wrote:

> Since you are available now, do you have Howard Kerrigan's Goblin.  Holmes
> Miller carried it in his catalogs.  If I have the correct one, it is a joy.
> The leaves just do not have a zone at all.  There is no white center, but I
> shall look to see if it has a white stigma.
> Sandy

Do you Yahoo!?