Re: White stigmas

  • Subject: Re: White stigmas
  • From: Barry Roth <barry_roth@YAHOO.COM>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 16:21:40 -0700

Hi Sandy,

You asked about Foxfire.  It is a dark dwarf, stature medium (Marilyn Holt
ranks it as "miniature," meaning "Planted in a 3½ inch pot these plants will
not exceed five inches in height"), with fairly large single flowers of pale
silvery orchid.  The flower has a small white center (and a white stigma as I
recall); on opening the white center has a slight greenish cast.  Protected
from ultraviolet light, it holds these delicate colors well.  The leaves are
green with a not very prominent darker green zone under some lighting

ps. -- can there be two "Dulcies"?  In my data there is an entry, probably
copied from the second Harold Bagust book, of "Dulcie" as a double salmon.  Did
I mess up?

--- Sandy Connerley <sandy_connerley@SBCGLOBAL.NET> wrote:

> Hi Barry,
> Well, on first glance, Dulcie has a white stigma.  Her flowers are single,
> soft scarlet with white eyes on the upper two petals.  Her leaves are medium
> green and zoneless.  Vectis Glitter stellar has a white stigma, medium green
> leaves with a green zone.  Will keep at this.
> Sandy

Do you Yahoo!?