Re: White stigmas

  • Subject: Re: White stigmas
  • From: Barry Roth <barry_roth@YAHOO.COM>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 15:39:12 -0700

Thanks for straightening me out about Dulcie.  I obviously made an error (or
copied somebody else's error).  Do you like the variety?

That is very interesting about Baby Brocade sporting to a "redder" version.
Does anyone know whether the regular standard Brocade does the same?  I
received a plant so-labeled from a source I consider reliable, but when it
bloomed it had far more red in the petals than I expected or remembered from
growing the variety years ago.  (A picture labeled Brocade at the Swedish
Pelargonium Site http://www.pelargonsallskapet.com/bildgalleriet2.htm shows
somewhat the same condition.)  Knowing that white-centered red cultivars can
vary with growing conditions, I didn't write off my specimen plant, but if this
sport occurs, that could account for it.

--- Sandy Connerley <sandy_connerley@SBCGLOBAL.NET> wrote:

> And, thanks for making me check.  I try to get these down correctly, but
> always worry.  I have Miller's Baby Brocade, but guess it is not like the
> original as it sports, and mine is the sported one.  Faye recommends getting
> rid of it, and I will after I watch it bloom a few more times.  The outer
> edges of petals are red, fading to a white eye, but there is way too much red
> for the correct version.

Do you Yahoo!?