[IGS] late bloomers

Dear Pelophiles,

Despite the hot weather here this month there seem to be a number of pels
in flower. I was amazed how P. reliquifolium, after a rest, has burst out
with blooms all over. And P. sidoides is still going strong with those
lovely deep purple-red blossoms and long stalks. But I am amazed to see P.
gibbosum, with nary a leaf, still putting out those night-scented yellow
flowers. It is surprising to me as I've not grown the plant until this
year. I have it in very dry soil with a few Aloes and Cotyledons growing
nearby to remind it of its homeland.

I do water the first two species but the latter appears to be getting along
with very little. Is that wise?

San Diego, California