Happy Holidays

to all of my online friends, and may your flocks (of geraniums!)

Here in Los Angeles, it is high time to prune back all of those rampant,
but beautiful regals, many of which have grown way out over the garden
path. All my tribe seems to love this cool weather and seem to be
growing apace. My one little buddy, "Freckles," which is in our kitchen
garden-window, had three clusters of beautiful pink buds which are about
to open, to delight us on Christmas Day.

When I prune back my pellies, I will make cuttings from them for all of
our geranium-loving friends, and for my clients to whom I have sold
condominiums, without the luxury (necessity!) of being able to garden. I
believe in "spreading the wealth."

I have accumulated so many lovely plants this past year from brokers'
open houses. Whenever I see a truly lovely blossom and/or unusually
beautiful foliage, I often ask the homeowner if I may have a start. Most
people are delighted that someone recognizes his/her prize plant, and
are eager to share the beauty.

In that fashion, I have accumulated a number of lovely additions to our
garden, but whose names I simply don't know. My wife and I just enjoy
them "for who they are," as she says.

We feel so fortunate to live in the San Fernando Valley, where we can
enjoy the beauty of our plants, year-round; and it is at this time of
year that our zonals are the stars of the show, with their elegant

Again, I wish all my online friends a very Merry Christmas, Happy
Hanukkah and a Happy, healthy, geranium-filled new Year.

Van Nuys, CA